Looking for more customers? How do you attract more customers fast? Read on to discover how to attract more customers now.
If you need more customers quickly, there is one sure fire, assured way of getting them, but you probably won’t like the answer.
Most business owners think that attracting more customers involves spending lots of money quickly in new places to bring in those new clients.
However, it absolutely doesn’t have to be this way, and perfectly honestly, that would be the worst way to bring in new customers.
The answer to this question of how to bring in more customers quickly is to reach out to former customers and those who already know, like and trust you.
With that in mind, here are 21 ways you can use to attract more customers now:
- Add a PS to all of your outgoing emails promoting one aspect of your service. Many of your customers will have employed you for one service but may not know you can help them with others. Rather than blatantly promote your service, ask a question around that topic. For example, as a business growth consultant I might add a question “Do you know the easiest and most cost effective way to win new customers?” Once you have decised on your message simply add a new Microsoft Outlook Signature so that this is done automatically.
- Call some of your old customers that you liked working with just to say hello and see how they are getting on. Do not sell, be genuinely interested in how things are going for them.
- Send an email to all of your old customers telling them that you are updating your website and would really value their ideas and suggestions on it as a former valued customer. Some will go and visit your website to help and in the process be reminded of all of the ways that you can help them.
- Post something of value on LinkedIn about your area of expertise. Do not seek business from it, simply add a link to your website for them to discover more, and on that page offer an Item Of Value to get them onto your email list.
- Create a new Item Of Value – a PDF book, checklist, video training offering advice and guidance around your topic of expertise and invite former customers to download it from your website.
- Invite your former customers who you know were delighted with your service to leave a review for you on Google My Business.
- Make a referral offer to your existing customers to refer a new customer and receive a free gift or a discount off another one of your services that they are not currently using.
- Start an email marketing newsletter if you do not already do one. One thing, do not call it a newsletter, just start sending weekly emails with some valuable content in each email. At the end of the email invite customers to schedule a call with you to discuss it in more detail.
- Send something in the post to your customers. No one sends anything fun in the post any longer, so a good book you like, a thank you card for their custom, a ‘refer a friend’ offer which gives them and the friend something of value if they become your customer.
- If there is something of interest in the Press which is relevant to your clients, forward a clipping to them.
- If you own premises, pop an A board with an alphabetical list of your services outside your premises or in your reception area.
- If you have a website that is getting a reasonable volume of visitors every month (1,000 or more) immediately pop live chat on your website (comes with a free two week trial). This will instantly bring in more new enquiries. Click here to see more about Live Chat.
- Add software that will detect when someone is existing your website and then pops up to offer them an Item Of Value so that you can keep in touch with them to promote your services.See the software I recommend, along with the other vital marketing resources I recommend – here: Marketing Resources
- Offer a webinar to your past customers. Ensure it is packed full of value and make an offer to them about your services at the end of it.
- Offer an open day, inviting past customers to come and visit to meet other customers and discover more about who you help and how you help them.
- If you have any physical promotional material (brochures/flyers etc), get them out from THAT cupboard and send them out there.
- If you receive regular referrals from some of your customers, send them a thank you gift to generate more goodwill and more referrals.
- Once you have done the above, call them a week or two later to discover how they generate so many leads for you, then encourage your weaker referrers to put in place the same systems and processes to generate more referrals for you.
- Now that you know what makes a great referrer, find more just like them!
- Check your Google Analytics, see which are your 3 most popular articles by visitors each month, then send an email to all of your customers linking through to these blogs.
- Post links to these three best posts on LinkedIn to move your LinkedIn contacts onto your website and onto your email list.
For more ways of winning new customers, click the button below:
Nick is totally practical and has a laser-like focus on getting his clients more clients of their own. As someone with no marketing experience at all, his user-friendly approach made it so much quicker and easier to get started on getting work than if I had tried to do this on my own. I strongly recommend both the More Clients Academy and also Nick’s book, The Law Firm Growth Formula. I’m not a lawyer, but the ideas apply to virtually any professional business. Well worth your time and money!
Ciaran McGee, Chartered Tax Adviser