Whilst since the pandemic everyone has been using Zoom seemingly on a daily basis, some features are not as obvious to find as you might think. One of them is finding where to remove the social share icons or buttons that appear very prominently at the top of the Zoom Registration Pages.
Anyone who wants to reduce the chances of being ‘Zoom Bombed’, where someone who you do not know, was not on your email list and who very much is not your friend, shares their screen with your entire meeting, needs to remove these social share buttons.
The good news is that it is relatively easy to do this.
How to turn off or remove the social media share buttons from Zoom Registration Pages
- Schedule your new meeting in the usual way and save it.
- Once you have saved it, scroll down to the bottom of the meeting page where you will see a new section just below the “Edit This Meeting” button entitled “Registration”.
- Click “Edit” in the Registration section to be presented with the image below in the centre of your screen.
- Uncheck “Show social share buttons on registration page” and save your meeting. You will then be presented with another box asking if you want to notify all attendees of the update to the meeting. You need to uncheck this box, then rather counterintuitively, select Yes to save your changes.
- That’s it – you are now all udpated and the social media share buttons are removed from your registration form.